UnluckyDuck

Posting Awards

Any Way To Request A Trial Without Going In?

by: UnluckyDuck on

Anyone know if this is possible? I got a ticket in Vaughan last night for going 49 over (not reduced. Apparently got me on radar going 109 in a 60 believe it or not.) The ticket says I need to request a trial in Newmarket. Is there any way of doing it online? I think I remember reading somewhere that OTT Legal files it for $10, but I want to fight it myself rather than pay them $300 to represent me and get a reduced charge.

Observer135

Posting Awards

by: Observer135 on

I seem to recall there was another group few years ago that filing tickets was all they did.

I don't recall the name nor do I know if they are still around or not, but I'm sure you can find someone who will do it for a reasonable fee.

The $10 you are talking about does not include them fighting it, so I'm sure you can get them to simply file it and then fight it yourself.

cdns

by: cdns on

Yes there is. I am currently fighting with Toronto for this from Ottawa as it is 600 or so km away and they keep breaking the rules of disclosure and evidence despite my requests for disclosure prior to appearances. The HTA Part I Administration 4.1(1) power to do things electronically, it clearly states that anything that the minister, the ministry or the registrar is required or authorized to do or to provide under this act may be done or provided by electronic means or an electronic format. ‎2007, c.13, s.3. There are also rules with the courts for written hearings etc. Many courts don't award this to you because if they rally you through like cattle to make money they don't want too much evidence. If you need proof that they are breaking the rules here and there you will have to pay for transcripts at up to 6$ per page. You have a legal right for written hearings etc. and they are not allowing people to do this. It is in the rules, they simply don't care. They want it to be such a headache for you that you will just pay the ticket instead of fighting it, and that is free money for them. The police services act clearly indicates that peace officers are supposed to help victims, but instead they appear to be busy capitalizing on minor parking and roadway infractions that will raise your insurance rates. This is on top of a 1.3% kickback on all new infrastructure (Ottawa Police). I'm guessing the recent increases in traffic related matters would be because Toronto was recently caught for selling more parking permits than they had spaces, and Ottawa bought a fleet of vehicles that were horrible and costly to officers. Instead of owning up to their errors in judgment, the individual that caused these spending inflations was immediately put into politics which doubled his wages on top of the kick backs. I am also very aware of how insurance companies use preferred vendors and .50cent bolts get marked up to a dollar. Note that this former chief had a record number of arbitrations under his watch which included but aren't limited to false arrests, misconduct, and violence against persons in custody. here in Ottawa, our police force will be suspended with pay for misconducts even if they are somehow prosecuted with all the favoritism in the courts by judges. Ottawa police has many officers charged with DUI's, misconduct, and domestic violence, yet they are paid more than the average Canadian in Ottawa and will be up for more raises and removal of a 6 year hiring freeze, despite the 2 shootings staged by them here in Ottawa. They need to get you into the courtroom to intimidate you so that you can't formulate calm and calculated answers. It's all a game that they play with you, one that I professionally wanted to walk away from.

They have to pay their bills somehow, but this is just abysmal.

argyll
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: argyll on

If you kept your posts on topic they might actually contribute to the conversation.

You've gone from too many parking permits, to the choice of police vehicle, to Vern Whit's appointment to the Senate, to insurance company scams.

Wow, take a breath.

Former Ontario Police Officer. Advice will become less relevant as the time goes by !
Post a Reply