A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

808mafia

Court In 30 Days Did Not Request Disclosure

by: 808mafia on

Hey forum members,

I got two tickets in early September for FAILING TO STOP AT RED LIGHT ON RIGHT TURN 144(18) AND FAIL TO SURRENDER DR. LICENSE 33(1) in

Now I know I waited too long to request disclosure but can anyone help me out with my options. I have a court date in early march and have nothing. Can I still request disclosure and if so do I write out a hand written letter requesting disclosure and everything I want or do I just use the Brampton City Form ( goo.gl/nsDEkf )

The reason I didn't request disclosure was because I was extremely busy because of school and recently finished exams that's why I'm currently looking into this.

Also, can you ever plead guilty to one ticket and not to the other or will that just end up badly for me. If anyone else has any information to give me that would be grateful.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

808mafia wrote:Now I know I waited too long to request disclosure but can anyone help me out with my options. I have a court date in early march and have nothing. Can I still request disclosure and if so do I write out a hand written letter requesting disclosure and everything I want or do I just use the Brampton City Form ( goo.gl/nsDEkf )

You can request disclosure today. It's certainly not ideal, but it's better than nothing. They might ask why you waited until the last minute, so be prepared to have an answer. A lot of people will say to make your own disclosure letter, but in this case, you'll be completely fine just filling out the form they give you.

808mafia wrote:Also, can you ever plead guilty to one ticket and not to the other or will that just end up badly for me. If anyone else has any information to give me that would be grateful.

You certainly could, but I have a feeling they'll just offer to drop the license charge if you plead guilty to the other.

Post a Reply