A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Decatur

Posting Awards

by: Decatur on

It's not a traditional type of fatal error though. In a normal fatal error a JP can look at their copy of the ticket and quash it. Eg. Fine missing, date missing.

There's no way for a JP to know if your copy of the ticket isn't signed. The officer normally removes your ticket from the set after they completed it, sign it, issue it, and then sign the others indicating service.

Search the forum. This question has been asked before.

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

You need to hold on to your copy of the ticket and do nothing.

If the officer signed the copy that the JP sees, you will be found guilty by default.

Once you get notice that you were found guilty, you file an appeal. When you go before the Judge for the appeal you bring your unsigned copy of the ticket.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
arnoldstheman

by: arnoldstheman on

Thanks for the help!

Could I not just request a trial and present the unsigned ticket then? I'm assuming this was not recommended because I would be running the risk of the prosecutor realizing the ticket is unsigned and have the officer issue me another ticket with the 6 month limitation period?

Thoughts on this? Thanks for the support

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

Everytime I have asked for "a copy of both sides of original Certificate of Offence" in disclosure I have never gotten it.

I either have to go directly to the clerks office and request a copy, or I go see the clerk right before the trial starts and ask to see it then so I can make sure it is the same as the copy I have (and that it has a "date filed" stamp because they only have 7 days to file it).

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Post a Reply