xCopper
No votes
Lawyer
100%

Total votes: 1

najibaaa

Stunt Driving 16 Year Old [172(1)] Screeching Tires

by: najibaaa on

Hello i am a 16 year old i have my g2 licence yesterday me and my buddy got stopped for stunt driving what had happend was that we were at a red light once it was green we both stepped on the gas i am driving a Hyundai sonota 2008 (v4) and he is driving a audi a4 2006 awd, anyways once we got to about 90 we started slowing down the road was max 50, then the officer came over pulled us over and told me right away not even explaining why he had said "turn off your car and hand me the keys you dont have a licence anymore, did you think you could beat that audi?" i didint reply . so i just sat there he asked me for my licence i didint have it on me my house was just arround the corner so he took my information down and then asked me to call my parents to come pick up the car or else it would be towed and then he proceeded back to his car after my parents come and all tow trucks come in and grab both of our cars then he finnaly gets out of his car and explains to our parents that we screeched the tires at the light (like my car doesent have enough power to spin the wheels) anyways hes like you have to show up to court on so and so day. and then he askes us if we had anymore questions and i had asked him if i had to show my licence to the station cause i didnt have it present on me then he threaten me that he was gonna Wright me more tickets. and that was the end of that

also when i was wating in the car and my dad went and talked with the cop he was all rude to him and also threaten him that he would take me to jail.

so what should i do i need some help here

and no tires were acctualy screeched

if tires were screeched how can he say who's tires screeched he has no proof

also screeching tires insist a part of stunt driving

iFly55

Posting Awards

by: iFly55 on

ONTARIO REGULATION 455/07: RACES, CONTESTS AND STUNTS

http://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/070455

From what you described, you fit the "race" definition, i'm sure the screeching part will be associated with that rather than "stunt driving"; because stunt driving requires that your tires lost traction while turning.

Don't put too much emphasis on what the officer said. His notes might tell a completely different story.

It's in your best interest to look for legal counsel, and let them handle this; don't limit yourself to xcopper vs. lawyers, look around for other paralegal services as well. XCopper spends a lot of money marketing and advertising, which means the cost of their services will be higher.

They're not known for going to trial and getting cases dismissed, they're the run-of-the-mill plea-bargain firms. Maybe plea this down to Careless Driving.

Lawyers will be expensive, ~$300/hr plus costs.

So do your homework, and shop around.

bobajob

Posting Awards

by: bobajob on

personally, I would make sure you can get the best representation money can buy,

you don't want stunt driving on your record messing you up for the next 5 years,

just IMHO

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
Post a Reply