Speeding Ticket For 89 Km/h In 60 Km/hr Zone

A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
bijalshah01

Speeding Ticket For 89 Km/h In 60 Km/hr Zone

Unread post by bijalshah01 »

I'm going for a trial on April 28, 2015 for a speeding ticket for 89 km/hr. in a 60 km/hr. zone. I got the ticket on December 29, 2014. The last name appeared on the notice for the trial is incorrect. Also, I requested a disclosure package and in the package the officer indicated my car colour to be grey, where as my car colour is Golden (Beige). Also, I've requested the Audio recording as part of the disclosure package and I was told that I may or may not get that. Also, the disclosure package shows my car as SUV, where as it a Van. I'm not sure if any of these mistakes are going to be helpful in my trial. Also, I've requested an interpreter although I'm quite fluent in English.

Can anyone please help me with any suggestions on how can I defend myself if the cop and interpreter shows up on that day?

Thanks

Bijal

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

bijalshah01 wrote:The last name appeared on the notice for the trial is incorrect.

Notice of Trial doesn't mean anything. It's just a letter informing you of your court date. It's not your ticket.

bijalshah01 wrote:Also, I requested a disclosure package and in the package the officer indicated my car colour to be grey, where as my car colour is Golden (Beige).

Gold, Gray, Champagne, Beige, etc can all look similar under different circumstances, shades, etc. The officer is not required to know your exact colour code. A general estimate is good enough.

bijalshah01 wrote:Also, I've requested the Audio recording as part of the disclosure package and I was told that I may or may not get that.

If there is video, audio, etc, it will be provided. It doesn't mean it exists.

bijalshah01 wrote:Also, the disclosure package shows my car as SUV, where as it a Van.

Like the colour situation, you're grasping here. Don't waste your time revolving a case around this.

bijalshah01 wrote:Also, I've requested an interpreter although I'm quite fluent in English.

Requesting an interpreter when you don't need one is a big no no. I hope for your sake you English is worse than you think.