Notice Of Reinstatement When My License Wasnt Suspended...

scur2d2

Notice Of Reinstatement When My License Wasnt Suspended...

Unread post by scur2d2 »

Hi all, a little background..

I received a DUI in MB in 2007, completed the program and got my license back in Feb 2009. Driving with no incidents since then, had my record pardoned 5 years later in 2013. Moved to Ontario in 2014, changed my license over with no issues in October 2014. Today, I received a letter that says my license has been reinstated, and they attached a temporary license that expires 2015/03/14 that has the Interlock condition on it.

What is going on here? It is Friday and I a freaking out a little as I cant talk to anyone there..

Are they making me do the interlock program for 3 months, 6 years AFTER I've received my license?

The other confusing thing is that, on the driver's license they attached, it is valid from 2015/01/13 to 2015/03/14... but later it says that "Any vehicle you drive must have an approved ignition interlock device installed for at least one year."

scur2d2

Unread post by scur2d2 »

I've attached the file, the madness makes more sense

Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (216.46 KiB) Viewed 2097 times
Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

The letter you received doesn't make any sense based on your story. I'm wondering if you're the victim of a clerical error or computer glitch.

Until you can speak with someone on Monday, I would absolutely NOT drive. Even if the letter you received is a mistake, your licence will still show you require an interlock device. If you got stopped by the police in the interim, you could be charged and have your vehicle impounded. It would simply create even more problems to deal with on Monday.

scur2d2

Unread post by scur2d2 »

Oh I forgot to mention, I moved from Manitoba to Ontario. Not sure if that matters.

But yeah I am going to refrain from driving till Monday and see if I can speak to someone and provide an update but is just so.. out of nowhere.