Do I Qualify For An 11b?

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, hwybear, bend, Decatur

fearles

Do I Qualify For An 11b?

Unread post by fearles »

Hi All,

This is my first post of this kind, so pardon my ignorance...

1) I got a ticket for changing the lane on the hwy where I was convicted of driving in the no-lane area to get to the exit too soon. (this is kinda hard to explain)

2) The ticket was given to me on QEW on Jan 15, 2014

3) The initial first attendant date was in July 2014 - I opted for a trial option

4) My court date was scheduled for Dec 5, 2014

5) In October i received a notice that the Officer has filed for a motion to move the trial date as he isnt available to make it on December 06, 2014 as the date conflicted with another court date of his

6) I received a new court date of February 27, 2015.

Question:

Given the fact that Feb 27, 2015 is longer than 12 months from the date I received my ticket i.e. Jan 16, 2014 and the fact that Crown/Officer moved my trial date, do i qualify for an 11B?

Is there anything else that I can do in this situation?

Thanks in advance for all your comments...

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

fearles wrote:3) The initial first attendant date was in July 2014 - I opted for a trial option
fearles wrote:Given the fact that Feb 27, 2015 is longer than 12 months from the date I received my ticket i.e. Jan 16, 2014 and the fact that Crown/Officer moved my trial date, do i qualify for an 11B?

It starts from July 2014, not January 2014. That's when you requested a trial. Anything before was neutral intake period. That puts you around 7-8 months.