Hta 144 (18)

Failing to obey a stop sign - Highway Traffic Act section 136(1).
dsilva100

Hta 144 (18)

Unread post by dsilva100 »

I got a ticket for fail to stop at a red light.

Here is what happen.

I finished up an overnight shift and this is around 8:15 am in the morning (on a weekday) at Church and Carlton. I am heading north on Church st towards Carlton. I believe a taxi, decides last minute to make a left turn on to Carlton. I see its yellow, so I go to right lane to go around the taxi and cross the street. By this time Wood st the next traffic stop is red. A cruiser pulls up behind me not 10 seconds later pulls me to the side. He tells me I ran a red 2 traffic lights ago (it was actually 1 but gives me a ticket for Church and Carlton which is the 1) I guess that is not important cause he could have said 10 and it wouldn't matter. It was clear sunny morning.

Important things to remember

1. I am not the owner of the vehicle, it was my cousins nor am I insured.

2. I was given permission to use the vehicle.

3. I do not know which direction the cruiser came from and there were to Officers.

What to do.

1) should I ask for a trial because I went through a yellow that turned red.

2) Can they add more charges if I decide to go to trial.

Please help

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

Take some time to read through the forum. Your questions are pretty common and are discussed frequently. Youll basically want to start by requesting disclosure and see what the Crowns evidence against you is. You can then decide how you want to proceed with the charge.

Return to “Failing to obey a stop sign, traffic control stop/slow sign, traffic light or railway crossing signal”