A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

goldom1234

Talking On Cellphone New Fine

by: goldom1234 on

Hey All,

I have a question. I was driving recently and was caught and charged under the distracted driving law as someone called me. It mentions I have 15 days to pay but I want to consider my options. I also read in the newspaper that the set fine of $155 will be going up March 18th.

Would this apply to me if I pay after March 18 or only to those caught after this date? Thanks a lot everyone for your reply.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

docran wrote:I am going to court on Friday re cell phone charge what are the chances of BUrlington pop not showing up. And does anyone know if the fine can. Be increased from the 155 if you go to court

They will show up.

The set fine with surcharges for anyone charged before March 18 is $155. If a driver challenges the ticket in court, a judge has the discretion to adjust the fine anywhere in the range of $60 to $500.

docran

by: docran on

WWII lucky me. Went to court re cellphone--pop officer was transferred to Ottawa--not there case dismissed. Gotta love the opp relocation program. Just proves you have to fight everything cuz you never know

Post a Reply