A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Mage

Seeking Advice On Disclosure

by: Mage on

Hi,

I had recently faxed in a request for disclosure (with less than 8 weeks left before court date, I was really late because I forgot :oops: ) Anyway so I actually got a response back to go pick it up. Of course it's just a photocopy of the ticket and I can't make out half of the writing. I was just wondering how to go about asking for it to be typed (it was in my original request). Do I send in the same request or should I emphasize it being typed or something?

Plus since there's less than 3 weeks before my court date, what happens if I don't get it in time? Can I still argue that they didn't give it to me on time, even though it was partially my fault since I started the process so late?

Please, any advice would be appreciated!

Mage

by: Mage on

So I used the template of my original and emphasized that the first one was insufficiently fulfilled. I added some additional things to the disclosure, and I'm aware that it might work against me. But at the same time, it was things I realize I require and should've been fulfilled the first time, I just made it much more explicit this time (I asked for an explanation of the short forms the officer used).

Now I realize there isn't much time left, so we'll have to see what happens. I'm hoping (if need be) I can make an argument to get an adjournment and argue that it's the prosecutions fault, but it might end up falling on me -fingers crossed that it doesn't-

Post a Reply