mike30002

Wrong Name On Notice Of Trial

by: mike30002 on

Hello,

Need some advice here please. My wife got a ticket for parking on Fire Route. She requested for trial. However, the Notice of Trial came in with my name instead of hers. I think that's because the car is registered under my name. However, she did use her name in the request for trial form but somehow my name is on the Notice of Trial.

So, who should go to court now? me or my wife?

Is that their mistake? should they cancel the ticket?

Thanks for your help.

Mike.

Decatur

Posting Awards

by: Decatur on

There's nothing wrong with the notice of trial. All parking offences are the responsibility of the registered owner of the motor vehicle. You may want her to attend as a witness for the trial if she actually was driving that day.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

Agreed with what was already said.

Ticket goes to the owner of the plates. They don't care who plans on defending against the charge because the ticket will always be the responsibility of the plate holder. Your wife has no stake in this ticket. She can walk away right now, ignore it, and it will never matter to her again. However, it will follow you around until it's paid off. You can see how this can be problematic, which is why you received the Notice of Trial the way you did.

If you plan on defending yourself against a Fire Route charge, make sure to brush up on the bylaws in which you were charged with. If you are planning a certain defense, you can share it and maybe someone can help.

Post a Reply