devin98

Back Of Ticket Option

by: devin98 on

I guess I need to make a new post.

I have a quick question.

On option 3 there are two check boxes. 1) for request of a trial and 2) I plan on questioning the validity of the officers evidence.

I assume I check both? When I called the office they said they will request a meeting ahead of trial with the JP to review the case and possible offer a plea, I am just looking to plea the ticket down.

Thanks!

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

devin98 wrote:I am just looking to plea the ticket down.

If you only wish to just get a plea deal, look for the option that describes an early resolution meeting. Usually it's Option 2

devin98

by: devin98 on

option 2 states:

Plea of Guilty - Submissions as to penalty: I want to appear before the justice to enter a plea of guilty and make submissions as to penalty.

after this can I still have a trial if I don't like the offer?

daggx

Posting Awards

by: daggx on

No, it looks like the jurisdiction where your ticket was issued doesn't have the early resolution option on the ticket (not all areas do). What you will have to do is pick option 3 and set a trial date, check both boxes. The prosecutor will most likely talk to you on your court date before your trial starts and offer you a plea bargain, if you like the deal you can take it, if not you can go ahead with your trial.

Post a Reply