amyarrgh

G2 License - 125 In 80 Zone

by: amyarrgh on

Hello! I got a speeding ticket on Friday on my way home from work :cry: .. the ticket is for 125km in an 80 zone. The cop was going the opposite way from me, hit her sirens and turned around, at which point I pulled over. I have had my G2 for 6 months, and have have a clean criminal and driving record so far. The cop didn't say anything about my license being suspended for this violation, but I did some research and from what I can tell, if I plead guilty I will lose it for 30 days. I'm looking for advice on what should I do... I was considering hiring a ticket defender and going to court.. Should I choose Option 2 (early resolution - meet with prosecutor), or Option 3 (Trial option)? If I choose Option 2, am I forgoing my right to a trial?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

Requesting a trial leaves all doors open. You can plead guilty later on, have a chance to be offered a deal, and/or go to trial.

Request a trial, make a request for disclosure, and there's a good chance you'll be offered a plea deal for under 30km. Since you risk being suspended, it would probably be in your interest to bite the bullet and accept an offer that would keep a suspension off your abstract. Any ticket defender like service is going to accomplish the same thing.

Post a Reply