A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
keenb

Speeding 25km/h Over, Trial This Month!

by: keenb on

The situation:

I was booked for speeding on March 25, 2013, no reduced charge on my ticket. The police officer ("John") used a radar and flagged two cars simultaneously (can they accurately measure the speed of two vehicles traveling almost side by side?). Unfortunately I did not record the license plate and make of another vehicle (could come in handy?). John's notes don't seem to mention any of this. While John was issuing a ticket to the first driver, I patiently waited in my car. Out of nowhere, an unmarked vehicle pulled in and a second officer stepped out of it. The second officer approached John and after a quick chat the second officer proceeded to operate the radar while John was issuing a ticket to the first driver. Eventually John approached me and handed me a ticket as well. I requested trial few days later. Notice of trial was issued on May 31, 2013. Filed for disclosure on June 14, 2013. Disclosure became available early October and I picked it up today on October 7, 2013 and the trial date is at the end of the month.

I couldn't upload a PDF here so I uploaded to a drop box link below, please note I changed some names for confidentiality purposes:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yiehp8j4kx2qv0s/disc.pdf

What doesn't make sense to me:

Laser # on second page of the narrative doesn't match the # in the Laser Intercept Log... As you can see, somebody crossed out the original # and made a correction. Also, the operator's name in the Laser Intercept Log is not the same as the name of the author of the narrative / name of the officer issuing a ticket (i.e. John).

Looking for some advice/suggestions :)

Post a Reply