xofeliciaxo

90 In A 60

by: xofeliciaxo on

Hi Guys,

Today I was driving down Dundas st in Oakville and I was late for an appointment I had. I wasnt paying attention to my speed or the speed limit. I was stopped and given a $220 ticket for doing 90 in a 60 zone. 1. Im a 19 year old student 2. I dont work, therefore dont have $220. 3. My parents pay the insurance and this will cause it to go up. What is my best option? Should I choose #2 or #3?

iFly55

Posting Awards

by: iFly55 on

Option 2 - Early Resolution

You will be looking at a fine & demerit point reduction especially because it's your first offence.

Option 3 - Trial

You can set a trial date, request disclosure, review the officer's notes & speed measuring manual; this is a better option imo, because you have the benefit of the "officer no-show" & "officer no-notes", which you aren't afforded at the early-resolution meeting

The same plea-deal you get in the early resolution meeting, you can get at trial.

If you're on your parent's insurance policy, a conviction of +1kph or +30kph may increase their premiums.

iFly55

Posting Awards

by: iFly55 on

Option 2 - Early Resolution

You will be looking at a fine & demerit point reduction especially because it's your first offence.

Option 3 - Trial

You can set a trial date, request disclosure, review the officer's notes & speed measuring manual; this is a better option imo, because you have the benefit of the "officer no-show" & "officer no-notes", which you aren't afforded at the early-resolution meeting

The same plea-deal you get in the early resolution meeting, you can get at trial.

If you're on your parent's insurance policy, a conviction of +1kph or +30kph may increase their premiums.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

xofeliciaxo wrote:Hi Guys,

Today I was driving down Dundas st in Oakville and I was late for an appointment I had. I wasnt paying attention to my speed or the speed limit. I was stopped and given a $220 ticket for doing 90 in a 60 zone. 1. Im a 19 year old student 2. I dont work, therefore dont have $220. 3. My parents pay the insurance and this will cause it to go up. What is my best option? Should I choose #2 or #3?

Do you at least have your full G license yet? If not, you'll be suspended for 30 days under Novice Driver Escalating Sanctions for being convicted of a 4 demerit point offense.

If this is the case, i'd highly recommend you look into whatever offer is presented you in an early resolution meeting. Even if it's reduced to 29, you'll avoid a suspension.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

Any conviction could impact your insurance.

Your provider may choose to ignore your first offense or they may not even notice it till it's gone from your abstract. It depends on the provider.

What you choose to do is up to you. If the points aren't an issue and you have some spare time, request a trial and learn as you go. You'll still be offered a plea deal on your trial date anyhow if you have a change of heart.

Some people just want to put the whole thing behind them and get that clock ticking on the 3 years. If you're worried that the time from now to your trial will cause you some kind of stress you don't want to deal with, then by all means choose option 2.

Post a Reply

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 30 to 49 km/h”