Failing to obey a stop sign - Highway Traffic Act section 136(1).
shahzadkhan

She Has Take Photo Of My Licence Plate

by: shahzadkhan on

Today i was parking my car in Mississauga, ON and my car slightly touch the other car which was already park there. The owner of the car was not present there, but a lady passing there come to me start giving me the lesson like y you hit the other car, you have to respect the others, there are other places empty, why dont you park there etc etc. and after that she takes the picture of my plate and go. Owner of the other car was not there.

i want to know what she can do with this picture. what is the worst case. Thanks.

iFly55

Posting Awards

by: iFly55 on

I've been a situation where I witnessed a car back into another car (destroying the front-end) on a residential street in Peel. The other driver floored it out of there.

I contacted non-emerg, the operator told me told me the car belonged to a house on the street and to ring them, i rang the bell to no avail. The operator also tried calling them at home, but no answer. Finally the operator told me there was nothing we can do, the owner of the damaged vehicle has to contact them (not me) and to write a note with the other vehicle info on their dash.

This is just my experience with Peel Police with a hit and run to an unoccupied car on a public road, not sure what they'll say about private property. This lady may have to get in touch with the other vehicle owner to report you (ie. via note on dash).

Observer135

Posting Awards

by: Observer135 on

She can provide the info to the car owner and stand as a witness and if you do not come forward and resolve the issue, it can reported as a hit and run.

Then the officer will contact you and charge you based on eye witness testimony.

I saw a car back into a car as he was trying to get out of his parking spot, damaged the front end of the other, floored and took off.

There were two people including myself that provided the license plate of his to the car owner and you can guess the rest.

If there was no damage to the other car, that is a different story, but if there was damage, you got to man up and pay for it...

Post a Reply