Four Tickets!! Need Advice!!

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: hwybear, Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, Decatur, bend

woohaa

Four Tickets!! Need Advice!!

Unread post by woohaa »

I get pulled over initially for a burnt out headlight. I'm driving my fathers car at the time and he didn't have the ownership in the vehicle on top of that I only had my g1 licence with me as well as my temporary g2 paper which had expired also. He then decides to hand me another for an improper muffler... the nice cherry on top

so in total I have four: (word for word on tickets)

-Drive without proper headlights 62(1)

-Fail to surrender permit 7(5)(a)

-Driver fail to surrender licence 33(1)

-Improper Muffler 75(1)

When the cop pulled me over and notified me about the burnt out headlight, he asked me if I was aware and I told him that someone had just told me not to long before but by that time the stores were closed so I wasn't able to purchase a new bulb..I'm sure he would of given me a warning if that was the only problem but to my dismay I didn't have the permit for the car either. I never received my licence in the mail either, Now with the muffler I have no idea what I said to piss this dude off, the only problem with it is that the strap broke and all I can find in the HTA is

75. (1) Every motor vehicle or motor assisted bicycle shall be equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise and excessive smoke, and no person shall use a muffler cut-out, straight exhaust, gutted muffler, hollywood muffler, by-pass or similar device upon a motor vehicle or motor assisted bicycle. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 75 (1).

Either way I'm fighting these tickets, I'm just looking for as much information/ advice / similar stories as I can get.

Muchly appreciated!

tdottopcop

Unread post by tdottopcop »

If you read through the boards, the advice that is repeated time and time again is: apply for disclosure. See what evidence if any the officer has written against you. Decide from there.

in the meantime, file the ticket for trial.

No, I am not the chief of Toronto Police.
No, I do not work for Toronto Police...
... it is just a name folks :)