A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

bobbyb

Expired Plate Sticker

by: bobbyb on

Hi, just had a quick question. A few months back I got a ticket for my plate sticker being expired by two days (stupid of me I know, but damn if that isn't bad luck), I got the sticker and paid the ticket that day. Recently I've had to get my abstract printed off and I noticed it doesn't show up on there. I'm pretty sure it's a no demerit point ticket, but does it not show up period? I mainly ask for insurance purposes, is this something that will crop up next time my insurer looks through my driving record?

Thanks for your time,

Bob.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Any conviction for which you were charged as the driver should show on your abstract, not just those with demerit points. And unfortunately insurance companies look at all convictions, not just those with demerit points. Assuming its your only conviction, it should have minimal (if any) impact on your rates.

As to why its not yet showing on your abstract, I cant say. I know it can take a bit of time, but maybe you just got lucky and they didnt register it.

bobbyb

by: bobbyb on

I thought it should, weird though that it's been about five months now and there's nothing. My insurance rate actually went down two months ago. Maybe I did luck out.

Anyway, thanks for the input!

Post a Reply