Not Sure What To Do, Looking For Advice

RTRob72

Not Sure What To Do, Looking For Advice

Unread post by RTRob72 »

I was ticketed early December on the 401 near London and to-date have not received a notice of trial. I promptly sent my request for trial <15 days after the incident and I requested a signature upon delivery (which I have). What should I do, wait and see, or should I be proactive and call the Provincial Offences court in London to see if I have a trial date set? How long does it take to send out notices for your trial date? Not sure if waiting is the best strategy, I've been reading some of the posts about people not receiving notice and missing trial dates & licence renewals being suspended.

Thoughts?

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

RTRob72 wrote:I was ticketed early December on the 401 near London and to-date have not received a notice of trial. I promptly sent my request for trial <15 days after the incident and I requested a signature upon delivery (which I have). What should I do, wait and see, or should I be proactive and call the Provincial Offences court in London to see if I have a trial date set? How long does it take to send out notices for your trial date? Not sure if waiting is the best strategy, I've been reading some of the posts about people not receiving notice and missing trial dates & licence renewals being suspended.

Thoughts?

No two cities are the same. Sometimes it takes one or two months, sometimes you can can it that same day if you do it at the courthouse. Show up to the courthouse and ask around. They'll be able to tell you if there's been a date scheduled already.

RTRob72

Unread post by RTRob72 »

Not from London, so would probably just have to call in to the Prov. Off. office... I just wasn't sure if it was better to 'nose' around or wait (in hopes that some small chance something fell through the cracks and my file has been neglected or something?) :lol:

I suspect with the OPP and the electronic ticketing system that their records and submissions of paperwork are all electronic?