Jurisdiction And Court Location Change

Failing to obey a stop sign - Highway Traffic Act section 136(1).
Bollockchops30

Jurisdiction And Court Location Change

Unread post by Bollockchops30 »

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. Please excuse, and kindly correct any errors in etiquette.

I received a "Fail to Come to a Complete Stop" at stop sign in East York, Toronto. The officer issued me a ticket that required me to appear at Markham Road and Sheppard, the Scarborough Court.

Is there any precedence to get the venue changed due to the location of the infraction? I would prefer to attend at Old City Hall, which is where I would be called to if the issuing officer was not out of the Scarborough division.

I have appeared and requested a trial, as well as got a Evidence Disclosure form (video/audio/notes), which I will submit when I get a trial date, but I am hoping to have the trial in the jurisdiction of the offence.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Passing Thru

Unread post by Passing Thru »

Your offence occurred in Toronto, and your trial is happening in Toronto, so your trial is happening in a court in the jurisdiction of the offence. If the officer is from any of the following divisions in Toronto your courthouse IS 1530 Markham Rd.; 32, 33, 41, 42, 43, 53, 54, PDS, and ETF. There might be one more but I think that covers it. If the ticket was issued outside one of these divisions the justice at 1530 Markham Rd. will still hear the case.