A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

zippppp

Need Help For "novice Driver Escalating Sanctions" Speeding

by: zippppp on

hey guys, need ur guys expertise :cry:

Got a speeding(120 on 80) ticket several weeks ago on one of county highway,the situation was a bit complicated, but in short, we needed to get to airport in hurry, but later we found out one of county high way recommended on my GPS was closed, so I had to make a large circuit to avoid the closed highway, again we were in a hurry, later on, when I was overtaking a car, the cop got me. I was pulled over, the cop said I was 132 on 80..... but he gave me a ticket with 120 on 80. and said: "IF U EVER TRY TO FIGHT THIS TICKET, I will report your original speed". It was my fault and I just didn't want to get into trouble with that cop again, so I paid my fines and thought this was over.

BUT, yesterday, I received a letter saying my license will be suspended for 30 days because of "novice driver escalating sanctions". (because I'm a G2 driver, and if G2 driver get a ticket carrys 4 or more demerits at one time, license will be suspended.)

and What worries me most is the "insurance rate",

1:I know my premium will increase because of the speeding ticket,

But will my premium get a second rise just because of the "novice driver escalating sanctions" suspension??? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: (im with Belairdirect) , will this suspension considered as the same as other suspensions

2: My friend and the ticket-fighting agent told me that if insurance company renews contract annually, there is a chance that the insurance company will skip people's file. The thing is, because this is my first year driving a car, I'm not really familiar with how the renewal works, do I call them when the contract is over or they will call me? what's the best way to renew the contract without "give out" too much info.

3:if the insurance company find out, how much will the premium increase? (the ticket-fighting agent said about $50 more per month)

4:hopefully, I will get my G license before the renew, is any insurance company doesn't focus too much on speed ticket or suspension but the status of driver?(for BD, i think they do care about driving record, but it seems statefarm cares more about the status of the driver, like age, level of license...)

any comment will be really appreciated guys!!!! ><

zippppp

by: zippppp on

just saw this on Driver's Handbook

"Note: If you are a novice driver and are convicted of violating any novice condition, an offence that is associated with 4 or more demerit points or receive a court-ordered suspension for an offence that would have resulted in 4 or more demerit points, you will receive the appropriate penalty and novice driver escalating sanction licence suspension. However, the demerit points will be recorded as zero on your record, and will not be counted towards the accumulated demerit point system."

does this mean after suspension, my 4 demerit points will recorded 0??????????

OMG novice driver escalating sanctions are so weird

Post a Reply