Niagara Court- Failure To Stop At Stop Sign 136(1)a

Failing to obey a stop sign - Highway Traffic Act section 136(1).
Kenj

Niagara Court- Failure To Stop At Stop Sign 136(1)a

Unread post by Kenj »

I was given a ticket for a failure to stop at stop sign 136(1)a, in the niagara region and the court will be the niagara court and I've been told by numerous people that it's a tough court.

I was told that it was very hard to win a plea not guilty case for this court, but I could potentially be excused with a disobey sign 182(2) with 2 demerit points instead.

This is my very first conviction in my 5 years of driving, so I guess my question is am I better off just choosing option 1 and pay the fine, or take this to court, get a disclosure etc. and hopefully have the 138(1)a (FAILURE TO STOP SIGN) changed to a 182(2) (DISOBEY SIGN). Do insurance companies weight disobey sign less than a failure to stop at stop sign?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

The plea deal is unlikely to make any difference to your insurance provider. Theyd likely treat either offence as a minor conviction. Im not saying you should just pay the fine, but the plea deal doesnt really benefit you much as it stands right now. Are they willing to offer a reduced fine?