A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

jpj666

Website For Tickets

by: jpj666 on

Just wondering, is there a website available for anybody in Ontario to check if a police officer or any other officer has filed Offence Notices or basically any ticket? I heard there was a number to call to see if your ticket has been filed and I'd like that number if anyone knows it, but does such a website exist?

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

Never heard of that. See below can not get an inquiry online even of a paid ticket.

However, here is a good website :D

http://www.paytickets.ca/

on this site FAQ

Can I do an inquiry on a ticket I previously paid through paytickets.ca?

At this time you cannot do an inquiry on a previously paid ticket. To confirm payment of a ticket or to get information on a ticket please contact the municipality or court jurisdiction printed on your ticket

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
ticketcombat

by: ticketcombat on

jpj666 wrote:Just wondering, is there a website available for anybody in Ontario to check if a police officer or any other officer has filed Offence Notices or basically any ticket?
Hmm let me run that through my translator:

Is there any municipality that has a convenient way to find out whether I should pay a ticket?
Municipal convenience is an oxymoron. Peel region makes you wait seven days (so the officer can file) before you can pay or dispute the ticket. Pretty much everywhere else let's you pay anytime you want.

The only option you have is to request a trial. If the officer doesn't file, then you won't get a notice of trial. If you pay, you'll never get a refund. The 15 day time limit is always ticking. I believe the POA gives the officer ten days to file.

Fight Your Ticket!
jpj666

by: jpj666 on

The 15-day window has gone by already. I requested a trial just to extend the amount of time before I have to pay for the fine if I'm found guilty and to keep my insurance rates from increasing even though this is my first offense.

So basically, if I receive no notice in the mail, don't call and forget about it.

If I do receive a notice for a trial, I requested on the Notice To Appear that I would not like to challenge the police officer, would I still have a case if I request closure and even make motions for a stay of trial or dismissal?

ticketcombat

by: ticketcombat on

You should always state you want to challenge the evidence of the officer. He may not show up in court since you don't want to question him. In other words, you are agreeing with his evidence. It's harder to dismiss the charge or get a stay if you are agreeing with the evidence that shows you are guilty.

Fight Your Ticket!
Post a Reply