Improper right turn - Discuss the HTA here
kevan

Improper Right Turn 5 Seconds From My House!

by: kevan on

I've lived in this house over 20 years now. I've made this improper right turn more times I can count. If I don't make it, I have to drive around a whole block and over the course of 20 years, that is a substantial amount of time/fuel wasted. I don't even know why there's an improper right turn sign into a small residential street. The sign is at a point where even the red circle/'strike' across the sign is fading away, so it just looks like a right turn sign!

What should I do, it's a $110 fine. And my dad was the one who was caught today, and his English is not the best. This is the first ticket we've ever fought because we feel it's unjustified when it's so close from our home and done so many times.

kevan

by: kevan on

I figured that would be the case. So, can I say that the sign has deteriorated to the point that it's not a noticeable 'Do not turn right' sign?

And if all else fail, can I somehow negotiate my way into having the fines reduced? Cause honestly, if it wasn't my dad, it probably would've been me doing that turn. And as a student, I simply don't have the money to afford paying a fine for an offense I've been repeating for over 3 years now and think is absolutely stupid. This sign doesn't make anybody safer! The only possible explanation is if a cyclist were to come down the street, but it's a one way street anyway! Jeez. What makes it worse is that he was camping there in an undercover car. And we always look/check the area before turning.

Post a Reply