Improper left turn - Fight the traffic ticket
mgonzo

Hta 141(5) - T-intersection - Collision

by: mgonzo on

Hello,

I was hoping I could get some advise from this knowledgeable group.

I was involved in an accident at a T-intersection. I was heading NB on side road and was only one with a stop sign. There were no cars approaching the intersection when I proceeded to pull out slowing. At the same time the other vehicle pulled out from the parking lot directly to my right, also making a left turn onto the main road. The parking lot exit is literally about 3 metres from the road I was on. Anyway we both collided in left lane of the WB lanes. It was a minor collision.

The other driver called her insurance company immediately to report her accident, I dont have one so couldn't. I waited until she was done so I can get her info. I even spoke to her insurance company and gave them my insurance info and DL#. The other driver asked them if she had to report the accident to police. They said that if the damages were minor she didn't have to. We exchanged info and went on our seperate ways. I went home to report the accident to my insurance company and get a call from the police station asking me to go into the station to give my insurance info as the other driver did not jotted down.

I went to the station, officer asked me for my info. I looked down and the he had already completed the report and diagram without getting my statement. Can he do this? The diagram stated that the other driver had been on the WB on main road the whole time and that I pulled out of the stop sign and hit her. I told him this wasn't the case and that he just took her word as fact without even an investigation. He didn't even look at my car. He then gave me ticket me with HTA 141(5) with no witnesses only the other driver's statement. And told me he had to give me a ticket or else his supervisor wouldn't sign on it.

Can I fight this since I don't have a witness supporting my story? Does this ticket even apply at a t-intersection?

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

to assist members replying, please provide the street names of both roads so users can google the area to see the area.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
mgonzo

by: mgonzo on

Sorry about that. That should have occured to me.

This accident occured on Church St and Holland St W in Bradford. I was travelling SB on Church St, and it may hard to tell on google street view, but the exit to the parking lot is between Catherine Gifts and the Temp office.

I would appreciate any advised given, I really don't know what to do.

Post a Reply