Does This Mean My Ticket Got Cancelled?

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, hwybear, Reflections, admin, Decatur, bend

reuben313

Does This Mean My Ticket Got Cancelled?

Unread post by reuben313 »

I got a ticket one day by making an illegal left turn, but police officer give me 2 copies of tickets. one is Certificate of Offence, the other is Offence Notice.

I went to the internet website to pay my ticket on the 15th day of my Offence date, the system still shows that my ticket is not in the system yet, so I didn't pay.

was that the officer's mistake by giving me his own copy or just by doing so to give me a warning?

thank you for your time.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (63.95 KiB) Viewed 1422 times
daggx

Posting Awards

Unread post by daggx »

It looks like the officer did give you his copy of the ticket, so it is possible that the ticket was never filed since he didn't have a copy to turn in. I would call the court house listed on the back of the ticket and see if they have any record of that ticket ever having been filed with them. If the ticket is not on file then you are probably off the hook.

Radar Identified

Unread post by Radar Identified »

:shock: OOPS!

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

That certainly looks like the officers copy, but its a little hard to make out. There are also two white carbon copies of every ticket that can be kept by the officer for notes, etc.

I can see a few other mistakes on the ticket. Youre supposed to write out "Highway Traffic Act", not use the short form HTA. Should also add "commercial motor vehicle" to the short form wording since its the higher fine.

reuben313

Unread post by reuben313 »

daggx wrote:It looks like the officer did give you his copy of the ticket, so it is possible that the ticket was never filed since he didn't have a copy to turn in. I would call the court house listed on the back of the ticket and see if they have any record of that ticket ever having been filed with them. If the ticket is not on file then you are probably off the hook.

Yes, I did call the court. and they said that I have 2 options: 1, go to court; 2, don't pay. and they also mentioned that the officer probably couldn't find his copy! that's why it wasn't in the system.

and cus I am a out of province driver from BC, and the officer also gave me a warning about of not changed to ON license in time(I told him Ive been in ON for more than 1 month), also have a BC plate. maybe he gave me two warnnings by giving his copy too(but why issued the ticket in the first place, don't understand). the police officer looks very young though(25 years old, looks a bit nice too, male, probably he did make a mistake I guess.)