A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

CoffeeChris

Regulations On Amber Strobes For Construction/utility Vehicl

by: CoffeeChris on

Hello,

Are there any specific regulations regarding these? I know that flashing red and blue lights are restricted, but what about amber?

All I can find is the section 62(21) which states

Regulations as to lights on vehicles

(21) The Lieutenant Governor in Council may make regulations,

(a) prescribing the type and maximum strength of lights that shall be carried by vehicles, and regulating the location, direction, focus and use of the lights;

(b) regulating or prohibiting the use of lights on vehicles that automatically produce intermittent flashes of light

Is there anywhere I can find more information?

In particular, I'd like to know if there are any specific types of strobes which I'm allowed (or not allowed) to use on light trucks operated by a utility. Currently, many trucks are equipped with Class 1 strobe beacons, but I'm looking into adding strobes onto the grilles of some units which are used in high traffic areas.

Thanks

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

might be ministry of labour requirements while working on highways, such as traffic vests are... would go LED instead of strobes, lights easier to identify in all lighting conditions and do not need an extra power system that strobes require

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply