Bogus Parking Ticket

CJ76

Bogus Parking Ticket

Unread post by CJ76 »

I had a parking ticket put on my car after 10 pm on the 25th. The time and date on the ticket say 6:30 pm- 8:59 pm on the 24th (2 hr parking limit between 8 am and 9 pm). Well not only was I not parked there on the 24th during that time but I wasn't there the 25th during that time either. (or any other day for at least the last two months) I can prove it with phone records and witnesses(24th) and shopping receipts from 30 km away on the 25th. So now I have to miss work to fight a ticket that some cop put there fraudulently probably figuring no one will bother with the hassles to fight a $20.00 ticket. Is there anything I can do to get them to pay my lost wages to fight this and can I press charges for fraud or do anything about this cop?

***the VIN, year, make, model and licence plate are all correct so it is for my car.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

If you have clear evidence showing you (and more importantly your vehicle) werent at the location on the date/time in question, it should be relatively easy to beat the charge. It may even be worth taking with the prosecutor ahead to time to see if theyll simply withdraw the charge.

I find it very unlikely someone would have deliberately risked their career and incarceration to lay a bogus parking ticket. Its also very unlikely it was a police officer that issued you the ticket. Parking ticket are typically handed out by bylaw officers or security on private property. Probably much more likely that someone goofed up inputting the info on the ticket. Is it a printed ticket or hand written?

CJ76

Unread post by CJ76 »

It was a fill in the blank ticket. The officer has to simply fill in dates, times and circle the charge. There is a signature (illegible) and an officer i.d number. The car was parked on the street so would not be considered private property I don't think. I could understand a mistake on the time or the date but both? And I haven't parked there during those hours in months. I don't know if it was a bylaw officer, but that would not surprise me as there have been many "shady" incidents involving our township in the past. I'm not going to court to fight it as I will lose a day of work, plus have to pay for gas and parking at the courthouse 40 km away. I plan to go to the police station and talk to them about it, then file a complaint if nothing is done. The way our system is set up, there is nothing I can do. Sadly, I'm just one more person that has lost respect for and confidence in our system and the people in it.