A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

RyanAdns

G1 Driver Unacompanied By Qualified Driver Penalties

by: RyanAdns on

Hello, yesterday I was driving home from a football game with my moms car (that she let me take) when I went through a spot check. Low and behold, I was pulled over and given a fine for "G1 driver unacompanied by qualified driver" that was 110$. Now my question is, will I be receiving a license suspension? The officer never said a thing about it to my mother or I, so it makes me painfully curious. Was the police officer sympathetic of my situation or will I be receiving a letter in the mail that I have to go surrender it? If that's the case, could I go surrender it today so that my suspension is put in place right away? All help is appreciated. Thanks.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

You need to surrender your licence to the MTO, not the police. I'm not sure how soon they'd be aware of the conviction/suspension and accept your licence.

In terms of insurance, I'm sure you'll be able to get some, but it could be expensive. It varies so much from one provider to the next that you'd have to call to find out.

viper1

by: viper1 on

RyanAdns wrote:Hello, yesterday I was driving home from a football game with my moms car (that she let me take) when I went through a spot check. Low and behold, I was pulled over and given a fine for "G1 driver unacompanied by qualified driver" that was 110$. Now my question is, will I be receiving a license suspension? The officer never said a thing about it to my mother or I, so it makes me painfully curious. Was the police officer sympathetic of my situation or will I be receiving a letter in the mail that I have to go surrender it? If that's the case, could I go surrender it today so that my suspension is put in place right away? All help is appreciated. Thanks.

Why would you have to show id at a ride program?

They just sniff you and you carry on.

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
RyanAdns

by: RyanAdns on

Don't ask me why, I look much older then I do. I have a full beard infact, anyways, I guess I'll just wait in the mail for my notice before I do anything but does anyone have any idea about the insurance? My mom read something online which said if you have less then 4 years driving and receive a major you'll need to go to a company that specializes in dangerous driving. I really hope this is not true, but like I said before, any information helps. Thanks.

Post a Reply