A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
Helpme123

2nd Ticket In 3 Months - Please Help

by: Helpme123 on

Hi,

So I have never had a speeding ticket before, I'm 28 now and got my license as soon as I turned of age. I've been driving a few years without and problems, but this summer for some reason I got nailed twice.

The first ticket I got was on my way home from a meeting for work, I was in scarborough, I live in Durham so I wasnt familiar with the area and was following the speed of the car in front of me, next thing you know we both get pulled over. That was back in June and I cant even remember what ticket I got, but I fear it was an 80kmh in a 50 zone and the cop did not reduce anything for me. I paid that ticket, did not fight it. Somehow my insurance has yet to notice I guess, cause it has not changed.

Now 2 days ago I got nailed again, this time it was on my way home from work on hwy 2 and yes I know the area and I should not have been speeding. Everyone does in this particular section but I got nailed, it was dumb of me. I was again doing 83kmh in a 50 zone, but the cop reduced the ticket but only to 68kmh in a 50. He said it was the best he could do. So its still 3 points.

I feel like I'm screwed now because of 2 freakin speeding tickets, the first tickets Ive ever got. Can someone please help me out with some advice on what/if there is anything I can do to get this ticket lowered or no points? I'm solely worried about insurance. The cop told me he couldn't reduce the ticket any lower but that I should go talk to the crown. I dont even know what that means??

ajc

by: ajc on

hello ...i feel your pain ...i'm in the same situation as you .... ticket #1 80kmp in a 50.....in july i have a early resolution meeting scheduled in oct. ..... then just on sunday morning at 6:30 am driving on a unfamilar road on my way home from work ....i was ticketed for 60kmp in a 50 in a definite speed trap spot .. this ticket was reduced and the office said it would not affect my insurance....that was not accurate i believe....not sure what to do now .... i will follow this thread... it's not the fine ...it's the conviction that affects our insurance....

viper1

by: viper1 on

Helpme123 wrote:Hi,

So I have never had a speeding ticket before, I'm 28 now and got my license as soon as I turned of age. I've been driving a few years without and problems, but this summer for some reason I got nailed twice.

The first ticket I got was on my way home from a meeting for work, I was in scarborough, I live in Durham so I wasnt familiar with the area and was following the speed of the car in front of me, next thing you know we both get pulled over. That was back in June and I cant even remember what ticket I got, but I fear it was an 80kmh in a 50 zone and the cop did not reduce anything for me. I paid that ticket, did not fight it. Somehow my insurance has yet to notice I guess, cause it has not changed.

Now 2 days ago I got nailed again, this time it was on my way home from work on hwy 2 and yes I know the area and I should not have been speeding. Everyone does in this particular section but I got nailed, it was dumb of me. I was again doing 83kmh in a 50 zone, but the cop reduced the ticket but only to 68kmh in a 50. He said it was the best he could do. So its still 3 points.

I feel like I'm screwed now because of 2 freakin speeding tickets, the first tickets Ive ever got. Can someone please help me out with some advice on what/if there is anything I can do to get this ticket lowered or no points? I'm solely worried about insurance. The cop told me he couldn't reduce the ticket any lower but that I should go talk to the crown. I dont even know what that means??

The points don't matter It is the tickets.

The timing on the ticket starts when you get it.(so if you were convicted 2 years later it might not show) .

Work on ideas to delay the time frame. Keep in mind when you pay your insurance (as if they will run it it will be about 1-2 months before renewal)

You can time it to miss with some work.

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
Helpme123

by: Helpme123 on

OK, so at least I know that much.

Now I must find a way to delay the conviction. Any ideas? Ive been told to file a court date, then when I get the date (hopefully it takes a while due to back log) that I say I'm going to be out of country and reschedule? Thats just hear say tho, not sure if its true (especially since I wont actually be out of country)

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

I don't think anyone here would ever advise you to lie in Court. If caught, you could face Criminal charges and lose all credibility in any future Court proceedings. Do a search and read some other threads relating to delaying convictions. There are lawful strategies that involve using the system to your advantage.

Post a Reply