Ministry Of Transportation

patrick_benfica

Ministry Of Transportation

Unread post by patrick_benfica »

hello,

I recently bought a car, and got it safetied and e tested. i went to register the car and everything was fine.

A few days later i get a call from the ministry saying the safety was invaild. Something about a trade code. Would the safety stll be vaild ?

i later went to take the car to another automovite shop and i was told the car was not even close to passing safety, for the repairs its a large sum.

Could the previous shop that i got the first safety pay for anything its been about a week.

Thank you,

Patrick

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

you should call the MTO enforcement section (officers that work at truck inspection areas), they have specialized "auditors" that deal with garages that do not conduct safety inspections properly. report the 1st garage

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
patrick_benfica

Unread post by patrick_benfica »

Another question, what if the componts on the car were working, and it did pass safety.

But things went wrong and things stopped working, how do we find if it broke down or it was never working ?

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

does not sound like things just "stopped working" according to your 1st post....mto called and told you safety was invalid, that alone is a red flag of the 1st garage!! then you go to another garage and the car wasnt even close to passing... 2nd red flag about the 1st garage

- that's why i would always go to a proper garage for a safety (midas, cdn tire, new car dealer etc..). Cost of safety is pretty much the same anywhere and they won't jeopardize their garage licence for poor workmanship

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca