Driving While Suspended (unaware - Non Payment Of Fines)

soop

Driving While Suspended (unaware - Non Payment Of Fines)

Unread post by soop »

Good day,

This morning while commuting to work, I was handed a fine for driving while suspended. I was ticketed for failing to yield and the officer informed me my license was suspended and asked me if I was aware of this. I promptly responded "no"

Now he has siezed my license and told me I will have to go to court. I will be paying my fines immediately tomorrow, what I'm curious is once payment is made, will my license be able to be reinstated?

I commute approx 100km to work every day and need to be able to drive! Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Matthew

aka: soop

**weblink removed by HTA moderator HB**
soop

Unread post by soop »

Simon Borys wrote:Just remember that after your fines are paid off you are not licenced again, you are just not suspended. You still have to pay the $150 reinstatement fee at the Driver's Licencing office.

So I pay my fines, my reinstatement and Im good to go! Fantastic

Thanks so much.

Now how do I beat the driving while suspended? ;)

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

soop wrote:

Now how do I beat the driving while suspended? ;)

In all seriousness, really look into that. If you're convicted, you face another 6 month driving suspension.

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

Unread post by Simon Borys »

soop wrote:So I pay my fines, my reinstatement and Im good to go! Fantastic

Thanks so much.

No, I'm not saying you're good to go. There may be other problems than just a suspension due to unpaid fines. I'm just saying that when you get your suspensions cleared up (whether they are due to unpaid fines or other), then you still have to remember to attend the Driver's Licencing Office and pay the reinstatement fee.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.