Driving While Suspended

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, hwybear, bend, Decatur

tinabeebe28

Driving While Suspended

Unread post by tinabeebe28 »

I have a question. I received a fine for driving while my license was expired and got the license up to date but did not pay the fine. I got pulled over in January of this year and was given a summons to appear in court for drive while suspended. I have since been given a sheet on what the crown is asking for which is a 1000 dollar fine and a mandatory 6 month suspension. Is there anyway around the six month suspension. I have four children and a grandson that depend on me for school and daycare. Does anybody have a suggestion. I have court tomorrow and am thinking of taking it to trial to prolong it longer. I cant really afford a lawyer since I am helping my daughter financially to raise my grandson as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

I'm not aware of any way to avoid the suspension, I believe it's automatic upon conviction.

Speak with the Crown and see if a plea deal to a lesser offence is possible, one that doesn't carry the automatic suspension.

tinabeebe28

Unread post by tinabeebe28 »

I never have the chance to talk to the crown, they always seem to busy. I was wondering if I take it to trial if I can set up an appointment with them to discuss it before the trial.