Handicap Parking Ticket - Need Some Advice!

honbut

Handicap Parking Ticket - Need Some Advice!

Unread post by honbut »

Hello everyone!

This is my first post here and would really like some advice on a ticket I received.

I was in downtown toronto and stopped in front of a convience store to do a quick dropoff there. The parking is one of those street parking and figuring that I would be quick I skipped paying(yes my fault). What I didn't know was that they had sectioned off a bit of that street parking to handicap parking only, and my rear of the car just passed the post by 2 inches at most. I come back seeing an parking enforcement officier giving me a ticket. First I asked to see if he could give me a chance and lay off the ticket. He decided but said no. Then I was like okay, so I waited for him to issue the ticket only to find out that he charged me for parking in a handicap spot.

So my case is that and I think I shouldn't have gotten that ticket. Is there anything I can do to lower the cost cause 450$ is costly.

I have already filed for court date and have received the court date. No photos or disclosure was requested(unaware of such thing).

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

Unread post by admin »

Im not 100% sure but did the place have a handi cap parking sign posted, or was it just printed on the road..I think if it was just printed on the road it doesnt count...but if there was a sign, then your most likey not getting out of this one...

Best route might be to go see Prosecutor and ask for a plea. There are no points.