"110" In 60.. Dropped To 90 In 60

hadley

"110" In 60.. Dropped To 90 In 60

Unread post by hadley »

Hi there,

Was stopped at a red light, accelerated when it turned green then see cop directly behind me. Took a few moments for the officer to flash the lights, I pulled over.

She proceeds to tell me I was doing "about 110 in a 60km/h zone". There's no way. My car cannot even accelerate that quickly from a dead stop. She comes back with a ticket 90km in a 60 zone.

I did not ask how she "knew" I was going 110km but I

meant to.... how would she measure this directly behind me? There was traffic in the oncoming lanes as well.

My plan is to choose option 3 notice of intention to appear in court, and then ask for disclosure and go from there.. BUT now I am getting all paranoid because I just read that they can amend tickets in court back to the original charge- which would mean 50km over. I KNOW I was not doing this speed, but it would be my word against the officer's should I end up in trial......... Suggestions?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

They wouldn't amend the charge until the actual start of trial. You have nothing to lose by filing your notice of intent and requesting disclosure. You don't actually have to proceed with the trial, you can plead guilty at the last minute.

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

hadley wrote:I did not ask how she "knew" I was going 110km but I

meant to.... how would she measure this directly behind me? There was traffic in the oncoming lanes as well.

moving radar, same direction mode

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca