School Bus Driver Evil?? Or Not??

taichiagumon

School Bus Driver Evil?? Or Not??

Unread post by taichiagumon »

I was driving today and I happen to be behind a school bus. I can tell the bus driver is slowing down and pulling over to the side but provides no signal to indicate so, causing any driver confusion and feeling unsafe. I begin passing the bus while it is still in motion and pulling to the side. I'm going slow here and the bus driver stops finally. As soon as I pass the bus, and am now 10 metres ahead of the bus, the driver puts on his lights and then his sign and then honks at me.

It's unfortunate how the process works that all it takes is a word from someone to report you for doing absolutely nothing. What do you all think about this? Obviously drivers could report anyone they want that's how bad this process is. What makes them not write down everyone's license plate that ends up driving in front of them beside of them or behind them?

I have a perfect clean record for 10 years and the one thing I wouldnt' want to do is hit children which is why i was very precautious and realized the bus driver did not release the lights or sign.

Radar Identified

Unread post by Radar Identified »

If the situation was as you described, he wasn't evil, but maybe not thinking.

Most school bus drivers flash their yellow lights BEFORE they stop, and then they turn the stop lights on as they come to a stop. This gives people enough time to react and stop appropriately. While there is a reasonable argument that you should've anticipated his lights coming on, and probably should've stayed behind the bus, the law says that the only offence for passing a school bus is if its lights are activated. If you had already passed him, and there were no stop signs, pedestrians, or other things in the area, then no offence was committed.

Did you get a ticket in the mail?

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
OPS Copper

Unread post by OPS Copper »

I fail to see how a slowing bus with no signal that you are behind could make you feel unsafe. You could have just stopped and let the bus proceed.

GS

taichiagumon

Unread post by taichiagumon »

Thanks for the response Radar Identified.

I haven't received anything or been notified. This is more of the anticipation, like a bad gut feeling. Obviously, I have no intentions of doing such a nature. I will find out whether or not later on I guess and re-post. I was curious what others opinions were.

My only worry is the bus driver could falsify a story and make it sound like I did something wrong. Then it becomes their word vs. mine. Obviously, I'll do all the necessary investigating in the matter and do whatever it takes to fight it.

Thanks again for the response.

OP Copper GS -- When I say unsafe, it was a comment meant for drivers in general that when people don't signal or provide any indication of whats going on, could mislead them in any way. For example someone signals left but turn right? or someone with their signal on but doesn't turn or someone turning without a signal.

I did not feel unsafe, just more confused of what is going on because one he didn't signal or establish any indication and did not put on any lights for any of the drivers. Even the driver behind me was going to pass it but slammed its brakes because the driver then started the stop process a little too late for drivers to realize. I had already passed it as there were no signals or signs.

matt123

Unread post by matt123 »

I have one that likes to pick up kids at a 4 way stop,She waits for you to get in the middle of the intersection then quickly hits the flashers,puts out the arm and either gives you the evil eye or honks her horn every morning unless the police are staking out the intersection which is often.She has done it to me as well as many others.You also cant even see that there are kids to be picked up with the way the intersection is laid out if theres a line up of cars. I'm camming her and taking it to the school board.Who decides where tho put the stops and why would you have one at an intersection?I would get a camera and film it to CYA at the very least.Yes there are evil people in every profession.

matt123

Unread post by matt123 »

I have one that likes to pick up kids at a 4 way stop,She waits for you to get in the middle of the intersection then quickly hits the flashers,puts out the arm and either gives you the evil eye or honks her horn every morning unless the police are staking out the intersection which is often.She has done it to me as well as many others.You also cant even see that there are kids to be picked up with the way the intersection is laid out if theres a line up of cars. I'm camming her and taking it to the school board.Who decides where tho put the stops and why would you have one at an intersection?I would get a camera and film it to CYA at the very least.Yes there are evil people in every profession.

OPS Copper is right I wouldn't give them any hint of reason to report you This driver sounds like a power tripper plus you never know when a kid is gonna dart out across the street to catch the bus.