Suspended License Question

BZL777

Suspended License Question

Unread post by BZL777 »

Hey all, I recieved 2 tickets a few months back, one for speeding 89 in a 60, and one for failing to provide the proper insurance information(I had it, but I unfortunately did not replace it with the new insurance information).

Long story short, I had thought these where paid for as I had following the instructions to a T via the mailing system, however with that being said I left about a month late on a 2 month stay in Australia. Upon returning home to Canada, I find 2 notices to pay the fines immediately(only totaling at $177.50) as well as to learn that my license is suspended.

Only question I have, as I do plan on visiting the courts tomorrow and getting the fines taken care of is how do I take care of the re-instatement of my license. The paperwork says I would have to wait 3-5 business days for the MTO to recieve the proper funds and that I would have to pay at $150.00 reinstatement fee. Do I pay this fee after the business days? Should I bring my local MTO my license and wait?

These where my first two tickets ever, and I've never had a problem like this before so any suggestions would be appreciated as I would like to know the quickest way to resolve this, as I had thought it was resolved already.

Thanks in advance/

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

Take the receipt from the court and then go to the MTO. I would think there should be some sort of reference to the suspension # on the court receipt, so the MTO will know that it is paid in full and you can then just pay the reinstatement fee.

ps...don't drive until this is resolved

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca