Forgot To Pay Speeding Ticket- License Suspended Question

lbto

Forgot To Pay Speeding Ticket- License Suspended Question

Unread post by lbto »

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone can help me. I recently got a speeding ticket, it was for like $30 or so and somehow I though I'd paid it but apparently forgot. I got a notice of license suspension in the mail, and paid the ticket right away, but still have to wait to get my license officially back after the suspension. I was just wondering whether this suspension goes on my driving record for insurance just as if it were a suspension for a driving offence?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

There will be a record of the suspension on your licence history. I don't think insurance companies would look very favourably upon it, but I'm not sure they treat is as seriously as a suspension for an actual driving offence (i.e. impaired conviction resulting in 1 year suspension). Probably best to contact your provider to see if it can impact your rates.

lbto

Unread post by lbto »

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'll be getting another job just to pay for insurance lol. Already paying like $400 a month with clean record now this will make it insane...

lbto

Unread post by lbto »

Does anyone know how long a suspension like this shows up on my record? Also if there anyway to fight it...?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

The record is permanent. Insurance companies can only go back so many years though (4 maybe?). No way to fight it or have it removed unless it was given in error.