A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

BARON1000

Tickets In Other Province - Suspension

by: BARON1000 on

Hello,

I used to have a Quebec drivers license. 10 years ago, I received it a ticket in Montreal by a city cop for running a red light. I never paid it and got my license suspended. I never bothered getting another license since I had no need for one.

Last year I moved to toronto and now I would like to obtain a ontario driver's license. Do i need to solve things with Montreal first? What are the impacts?

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

Ontario has a reciprical agreement with Quebec, meaning fines there come here, fines here go there..

I'm guessing now, but since you are suspended in Quebec, due to fines. You will have to clear up the fines, then start at the beginner Ontario licence level at G1 since your licence is not valid.

OR

Maybe there was not an agreement with the provinces then and your fine has vanished and you can just start at a G1 licence in Ontario.

OR

sometimes in the past there has been "warrants" issued for unpaid fines....should you get stopped in QC again...that warrant might be outstanding.

Maybe call the Ministry of Transportation for Quebec and check on the fine stuff first.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply