A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

belljam

Suspended License Due To Health Condition

by: belljam on

I went in to the ER recently as I had fainted (first time) for a moment while at home . The ER doctor said he *had* to contact MTO and advise them to suspend my license until a cause was found. Anyway, I went through a battery of heart and other tests for the past 10 days which did not turn up any cause. Over this time I have not had another fainting incident. The doctor who ordered the tests (a different doctor than the ER doc. who suspended my license) said that his understanding was that after 7 days, if no other incident took place and tests couldn't determine what the problem was, then your license could be reinstated - he wrote me a letter to that effect essentially saying in his opinion I was safe to drive and didn't have any further fainting incidents.

My question is this: Do I have to contact the MTO about this? (I don't even know if they even received the ER doctor's request to suspend my license). Does the MTO have their own procedures that I must follow??? I have yet to receive any contact from the MTO (but it's been less than 2 weeks since the ER trip). Essentially I want my license reinstated ASAP - can I resume driving as long as I have this letter from my doctor or is there something else I must do??

Any insight would be deeply appreciated!

Thank you.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

I would attend a licencing office in person and explain the situation. Have them verify the status of your licence and see if you need to do anything as a precaution. It can easily take a few days for the Ministry to process a suspension request and mail out the notice. It shouldnt be an issue reactivating your licence with the new physicians report, but you wouldnt want to get stopped while you were still showing under suspension.

Post a Reply