A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

alchemist

Fail To Produce Required Infromation

by: alchemist on

Hi

Thanks for all of you in this forum for sharing useful information. I have a ticket "Failure to produce required information" 199 (1) related to the accident. I already paid the fine of $105. Since my driving history says that "Fail to report an accident" my insurance company is not willing to continue the insurance saying that it a major conviction. I am planning to go for an appeal.

Could any one tell me the possibility of discharge the offense/charges. What are the things I should be ready before I appear before the judge. Do they ask me to explain the whole incident or story. Will the police officer who gave me the ticket come to court on the day of trail.

Any suggestion are highly appreciated.

Thanks

alchemist

Hi

The incident happened last year. During that time, the police officer who issued me the ticket said that the ticket is not associated with any charges / conviction. I believed that and I paid the fine.

This year my insurance company called me and said that I have a major conviction and cannot renew my insurance.

So I decided to appeal it. I hope it is clear. I don't know whether I can tell the police officer's statement while he issued me the ticket during the court trial?.

Thanks

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

All tickets are charges and anytime you plead guilty theres a conviction. I think youd have a hard time convincing the Court you didnt understand that. It explains on the back of the ticket what a guilty plea entails.

Im also somewhat suspicious that the police officer said that. Im thinking there was a serious miscommunication if thats what you heard.

alchemist

Hi Stanton

Thanks for your email. I am 100% sure the police officer said to me on the day and also after I received the letter from the insurance company. I am not sure why he said that. I don't know whether to tell this in court or not. My point is two things.

1. He warned to me to be more careful in future. I agreed with him and said will do.

2. "the ticket said fail to furnish required information" which is misleading. As a new person I didn't understood exactly what it means at that time.

My driving history says "Fail to report an accident" since both come under 199(1) section. I came to know that recently that both charges are same. I went to police station immediately when he called me. The police officer told that I brushed the car while parking, which I might have missed to notice. So I agreed with him on that and said will be more careful in future.

This is my first ticket since I started driving the car. I hope to explain these things in the court and try my luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time and suggestions.

Post a Reply