Any Option Other Then Paying?

ynot

Any Option Other Then Paying?

Unread post by ynot »

Hi. I want to ask for advise regarding a parking ticket that had bother me 2 years!

First off, the car is a rental car when i recieve the ticket.

The ticket is 450$ in JUN 2009

I request for trial on JUN 11,2009

In JAN 5,2011 The rental company received 'NOTICE OF TRIAL' that my court date is DEC 2010.

I file to reopen the court on JAN 11,2011.

July 2,2011 I am moving out of ontario and they still don't have a court date yet!!

Is there any option that I don't have to pay the parking ticket? Should i go to a professional and let them deal with the ticket instead?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

Do you think it's a ticket that you can beat? Or was it a valid ticket?

I think the big issue is that it could cost just as much to hire a paralegal as it would to pay the fine. I'd call around and get a few quotes to see if it's worth your while. You'd want some kind of guaranteed result cause it would be even worse if you got stuck with the fine and legal bill.

That's a pretty crazy fine. Careless driving, probably the most serious HTA charge, has a lower set fine.

ynot

Unread post by ynot »

Oh it's a parking ticket at handicap spot. In this case, do u think i can carry out 11b to fight this ticket?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

Sounds like enough time has gone by for 11b. Again though, if you're leaving Ontario and you have to hire someone, I'm not sure you'll save much if anything.