A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

ME AGAIN

Anyone Had A Ticket Reverted To The Original Speed?

by: ME AGAIN on

I see numerious comments on the board of folks who want to fight a ticket in which the speed had been reduced by the officer, and warnings of the courts having the authority to revise the ticket back to the original speed before reduction. Has anyone actually had this done to them or is it a scare tactic by the procescutors? :?:

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

by: admin on

No its NOT a scare tactic.

A friend of mine recently fought his ticket in court, one that was reduced road side by the officer. He lost at trial and the full fine and conviction was applied.

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

In the jurisdiction I used to work in the prosecutor asked for it in literally every case of reduced speeding that went to trail. It is not a scare tactic. Reason being that if they're going to have the trial anyway, they're going to have it at the original speed since it's no more work for them.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

I've personally seen charges increased to the original speed - some of them were real doozies. One guy was ticketed for 15 over and proceeded to get the charge amended to the original speed of 113 in a 50 zone. Lucky for him that it was past 6 months from the date of the offence so the Prosecutor couldn't withdraw the s. 128 speeding charge and replace it with stunt driving, which is another option they have.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply