akim

No Parking Signs Visibility

by: akim on

Are there rules and guidelines regarding no parking signs visibility, HTA act or extracts? Most, if not all of the ones, I encounter are along the road side and corners, easy to see at eye-level, etc...unfortunately, got a no parking ticket for parking at a corner of an entrance and road, where there are no sign post at that very corner, and no signs visibility along the road itself for a good 50 m...eventually was told that the sign was perpendicular 20 ft from the side of the road with a side walk in between too, and the sign on a hydro pole about 10 ft high...I have no traffic minor or major infractions for 10 years, and declare that me and my wife (two pairs of eyes) did stand out and looked for the sign along the road side, but were not super intelligent to look-out for signs way out there...I'm going to court with this.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

akim wrote:Are there rules and guidelines regarding no parking signs visibility, HTA act or extracts?

The majority of parking infractions are covered under local municipal bylaws.

akim wrote:I have no traffic minor or major infractions for 10 years

Just FYI if you're worried about a clean record, parking infractions do NOT show up on your driving history or effect insurance rates.

akim

by: akim on

Means the signs format, size, letters and words are governed by ON HTA, but how to and where to install them is up to local municipalities...and I'm wondering how come in the same municipality of T.O., some are clearly visible alond the road sides and some are not as in my case?

Post a Reply