stupiddriver

Drive No Insurance Twice, Suspended Licence For Unpaid Fines

by: stupiddriver on

got caught driving with no insurance again. driving while suspended for unpaid fines from last no insurance stop approx 6 years ago. had wrong plates on truck. vehicle got impounded. Got 6000 in fines from last stop. provincial offences have sent me letters for unpaid fines over 12000 for previous other convictions including no insurance from years back. never had an impaired or accident. did not show up at court last time. been driving for years unlicensed. police came to visit me when they somehow found out I was driving a car borrowed from work after my last recent stop. they advised me they knew i had been driving since the last stop and told me in no uncertain terms to stop driving immediatly. what kind of penalties could i be looking at?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

You're likely facing some very serious consequences due to your past history and large amount of outstanding fines. On top of additional fines, the Crown will likely seek a period of incarceration. I would seek legal representation if at all possible.

In terms of the actual fines/consequences, here's the list:

- Driving while under suspension on a second conviction carries a fine of between $2,000-$5,000 and up to six months imprisonment.

- Using plates not authorized carries a fine of between $100-$1,000 and a possible six month driving suspension.

- Driving with no insurance on a second conviction carries a fine of between $10,000-$50,000 and possible one year driving suspension.

I strongly suggest attending Court on this matter, even if it's to plead guilty. If you're not present and found guilty, there's not much reason for the Justice of the Peace to consider any leniency.

Post a Reply