A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

BusFullOfnuns

Speeding Ticket, Need A Little Advice.

by: BusFullOfnuns on

So I'm new here and I could use a little advice. I got a 10 over ticket last night well enroute to back up my partner at a 10-35 / 10-78 at the worst site we have in the city. We'll I'll be the first to admit I was in the wrong, I was doing 70 in a 50 although I thought It was a 60 zone. The cop was nice enough to make it a quick painless experience and knocked it down for me to boot then told me to haul ass to back my partner up. Now, I plan on walking into the court house Thursday and paying cash for the ticket, but I was wondering if I could some how get it taken off my record so my insurance company doesn't rob me blind. If not, do I have any other options?

Also, when i got to the site my partner was already engaged with several individuals outside, once I jumped in I had my vest ripped off me and the carrier is wrecked. we ended up arresting 4 people with police backup.. guess who showed up to help us ahah.

Thanks for any advice guys, don't worry, I plan on being a contributing member and not falling off the radar after this.

Bus.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

BusFullOfnuns wrote:I was wondering if I could some how get it taken off my record so my insurance company doesn't rob me blind. If not, do I have any other options?

Once you're convicted of the offence, it will appear on your record. There really isn't any way of removing them from your record except time.

That being said, ten over is likely considered a minor offence, and most insurance companies will overlook it if your record is clear. Check with your provider to be sure, but you shouldn't be looking at a rate hike.

Post a Reply