Failure To Drive In Marked Lane. Traffic Ticket. HTA: sec 156(1)(A)
Nalvi

Got A Ticket For Failure To Drive In Marked Lane.

by: Nalvi on

Hi all,

This is my first post.

This Tuesday I got into an accident. I was on 401 E driving towards Mississauga. I hit the parting wall on the left hand side and then went down in the ditch. It was around 11pm and the traffic was pretty light. I did not collide into any other car.

Basically, I was driving at 110km/hr and I hit a patch of black ice and the car drifted towards the shoulder. i jerked the steering wheel on the right and then to left and by this time the car was very much out of control. I crashed into the wall and then went into the ditch.

The cop gave me a ticket for $110, for failing to drive in marked lane.

I dont plan on claiming insurance for the car as it was really old and not worth a lot. The only thing I am worried about is the impact this will have on my insurance.

Please let me know if theres something I can do and fight this ticket off and keep my premiums down.

Thanks,

Neil

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Given the circumstances, it's going to be difficult to fight this ticket if the officer shows up for court. The officer could have charged you with careless driving. It sounds like he gave you a bit of a break. Unless there's some sort of technicality that comes up, you could try to plea bargain to a lesser offence, but "fail to drive in marked lane" for this type of occurrence is about as "less" as it gets. I think the only other charge that could fit is "unauthorized use of the shoulder," but I'm not confident that a Prosecutor would go for it.

That's just my opinion, though.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply