Question About Unpayed Ticket

andrewm

Question About Unpayed Ticket

Unread post by andrewm »

I was pulled over and given a ticket for driving without insurance. I went to traffic court and my ticket fine was set at $1100 including court costs. Now this ticket was about 4 or 5 years ago or so. I have yet to pay any amount of the ticket. I just have never had money to put aside or the ticket. I have since become unemployed and REALLY want to go into transport truck training and obtain my AZ license. Now my question is this: Can I do some type of Community Service to pay off my ticket so I can get my license back (MY G license was suspend for the unpaid ticket) I have tried looking it up online and I have not found anything. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I live in Ontario and my license was suspended Jan 2010.

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

call your local court and ask about a payment plan. To what I have heard is if you set one up, they will notify the MTO to reinstate the licence, but fail to pay and the court will notify MTO again and back to square one. Now since you haven't paid anything, not sure how that will work. Doesn't hurt to give the court a call and ask.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca