A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

skip

Tickets For Work Vehicle

by: skip on

Hello. I am new to this forum and hoping someone can give me some advice or information. This is my situation. I was working, and driving a company vehicle in Mississauga, when I was pulled over. The police officer informed me that the renewal stickers on the plates were expired and asked for my licence and insurance card. I gave him my license but searched the van and found there was no insurance card for the vehicle.

It was insured, just no card.

I could hardly believe it. That someone running a company could send a vehicle out on the road without these basics. I never really thought to check up on these things on my own, as the work I do has a checklist of other responsibilities every morning, and as I said, I never would have thought a company could be so careless. So, as it goes, the tickets for no validation and no insurance card went in my name. Ive never had a traffic ticket in my life outside of parking tickets. I realise though that the police view it as the drivers responsibility to check these things. Ive since gone to the police station and registered a court date to fight the tickets. Im just not sure what my chances are but I at least have to try.

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

The likelihood of success in fighting your tickets will depend on the merits of your particular case. The fact that it was not your vehicle will have no bearing on this however, so there's no need to factor that in to your decision.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
Post a Reply