A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
boka

Responded To A Speeding Ticket Option Wrongly.

by: boka on

This is my 1st speeding ticket or any ticket offense for that matter.

I was going 24km over in a 50 believing that it was 80km on Hwy 26. But that is not the point.

I was told that I needed to respond to the ticket in 15days and I did, I do not live in Barrie so I mailed my choice "Option 2" as I was told that I would then be send a date to attend court.

I send the ticket and now I've received a letter from Barrie (post 15 days) that I've responded in wrong manner and should have done it in person.

"You have indicated option 2 on the reverse of your ticket, but in order to exercise this option you need to attend our office in person to speak to a Justice of the Peace. A Justice of the Peace is in our office Monday to Thursday from 9am to 12pm. Please visit our office or choose another option on the reverse of your ticket.

PLEASE ENSURE THE FILE NUMBER NOTED ON THIS CORRESPODENCE IS INCLUDED WITH YOUR REPLY."

Does this mean I've failed to reply within 15days and will be charged? Or does the File number mean they accept my response on time and I have to make an appearance ASAP?

Cheers.

Post a Reply